A&R Assistant, Anjunabeats, London, Southwark
Full time, permanent
Salary: Competitive / Dependent on Experience
Location: Bermondsey, London UK
(Please note we are unable to accept international candidates unless you have the right to work in the UK)
Now approaching its 25th year, Anjunabeats remains one of the world’s best-loved independent dance labels. We’re looking to grow our A&R division, working with some of the genres most eclectic and exciting musicians and bringing their artistic vision to life.
Working from our London office, just a short walk from London Bridge Station, you’ll join a rapidly growing family of 60 creative young-at-heart music fanatics who love immersing themselves in all aspects of the industry and culture – be it attending gigs, meeting like minded professionals or playing big records on the office stereo system.
You’ll be joining a label that has been at the forefront of the dance music world for over 20 years. What began as a university project for Above & Beyond has become a globe-spanning business encompassing all aspects of the modern music industry, and you’ll help grow the sound further.
As a member of the Anjunabeats team, you’ll be quarter backing projects for the leading lights of the trance, progressive and dance space, working with established headline artists to exciting development talent. The roster includes trailblazing talent like Ilan Bluestone, Andrew Bayer, Mat Zo, Kasablanca, Genix, anamē, Nourey, and of course Above & Beyond.
- Management of the Anjunabeats A&R systems – ensuring music flows through the internal A&R system in an organised manner, liaising with artists and the Anjunabeats team on submissions
- Noting A&R feedback, relaying to artists and partners and maintaining communication on projects
- Working closely with the A&R Director to explore all musical opportunities are explored on projects
- Assisting on contracts and gathering metadata for release
- Coordinating a multitude of A&R tasks
- Reviewing demo submissions, relaying strong ideas to the wider A&R team
- Organising writing sessions and camps worldwide, facilitating collaborations between label artist
- Tracking recording budgets
- Working alongside the A&R manager to ensure all audio is collected
- Liaising with global licensing partners on non-exclusive agreements
- Audio editing – creating DJ and catalogue mixes, tweaking edits where appropriate, creating soundbeds.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and profit share participation (paid three times per year)
- Minimum 20 days annual leave which increases with service, plus three days between Christmas & New Year
- A creative, fun and sociable office environment
- Gympass Silver membership
- Premium subscription to Headspace and Strava along with many other health apps
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Access to our UK events and shows
- Cycle to work scheme
- Summer Friday’s
- Season ticket loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- Flexible working opportunities
- Participation in our local community charity initiatives
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
Closing Date: 21st Feb, 2024 (we reserve the right to close this role sooner if we have enough suitable candidates)