When is the 2023 Grand National? Will be a horse racing question doing the rounds as the world’s greatest steeplechase is on the horizon. Let’s look at the key Grand National dates, times and the full race schedule for ‘National Saturday’.
When Is The 2023 Grand National: Dates and Times
📅Time/Date: 5:15pm, Saturday 15th April 2023
💰 Purse: £500,000
📺 TV: RacingTV / ITV
2023 Grand National Will Be Shown on Saturday 15th April
This year’s Aintree Grand National will be staged on Saturday 15th April, with the race time at 5:15pm.
The Grand National is the showcase race over the three-day Aintree Meeting, which gets going on Thursday 13th April.
Across the three days, there are seven horse races for fans to look forward to – with the first race each day at 1:45pm.
Aside from the Grand National, there are other big contests over the meeting including the Grade Ones – Liverpool Hurdle, Turners Mersey Novices’ Hurdle, Maghull Novices’ Steeple Chase, Sefton Novices’ Hurdle, Marsh Steeple Chase, Top Novices’ Hurdle, Aintree Hurdle, Aintree Bowl, Manifesto Novices’ Steeple Chase and the Anniversary 4-y-o Juvenile Hurdle.
Over 10 Million People Watched The Grand National in 2022
It’s reported that just over 10 million people in the UK tuned into watch the 2022 Grand National on TV. This equates to around a 1/7th of the population viewing what’s regarded at the ‘world’s greatest steeplechase’.
The Grand National is also beamed across the world with the race shown in many countries around the planet – so really, the total viewing figures globally are reported to be nearer 500 million.
ITV Racing to Show The 2023 Grand National
The ITV horse racing cameras will also be at Aintree to show the 2023 Grand National. Plus, ITV will also be broadcasting FIVE races each day over the meeting.
On each of the three days, the opening race at 1:45pm will NOT be shown on ITV, but can be viewed on RacingTV, with the ITV racing first race each day set to be the 2:20pm (Thurs/Fri) and 2:25pm (Sat).
You Can Also Stream The 2023 Grand National Via Various Bookmaker Sites and Apps
If you can’t get to a TV, the good news is you can also stream the 2023 Grand National via your mobile phone or tablets with the best live horse racing streaming sites for free.
2023 Grand National Meeting Race Times, Names and Full Schedule
Opening Day – Thursday 13th April 2023
- 1.45pm The Manifesto Novices’ Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 1 2m 4f
- 2.20pm The Jewson Anniversary 4-y-o Juvenile Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 2m 1f ITV
- 2.55pm The Aintree Bowl Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 1 3m 1f ITV
- 3.30pm The William Hill Aintree Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 2m 4f ITV
- 4.05pm The Randox Foxhunters’ Open Hunters’ Steeple Chase 2m 5f ITV
- 4.40pm The Close Brothers Red Rum Handicap Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 3 2m ITV
- 5.15pm The Goffs UK Nickel Coin Mares’ Standard Open NH Flat (Grade 2) 2m 1f
Ladies Day – Friday 14th April 2023
- 1:45pm The Mildmay Novices’ Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 1 3m 1f
- 2.20pm The William Hill Handicap Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 3 2m 4f ITV
- 2.55pm The Top Novices’ Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 2m ½f ITV
- 3.30pm The Marsh Steeple Chase (Registered as the Melling) (Grade 1) 2m 4f ITV
- 4.05pm The Randox Supports Race Against Dementia Topham Chase (Grade 3) 2m 5f ITV
- 4.40pm The Cavani Menswear Sefton Novices’ Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 3m ½f ITV
- 5.15pm The Abersoch Land and Sea Handicap Hurdle (Class 2) (Conditional & Amateur Jockeys) 2m ½f
Randox Grand National Day – Saturday 15th April 2023
- 1:45pm The EFT Systems Maghull Novices’ Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 1 2m
- 2.25pm The Bridle Road Handicap Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 3 3m ½f ITV
- 3.00pm The Turners Mersey Novices’ Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 2m 4f ITV
- 3.35pm The JRL Group Liverpool Hurdle (Class 1) Grade 1 3m ½f ITV
- 4.15pm The William Hill Freebooter Handicap Steeple Chase (Class 1) Grade 3 3m 1f ITV
- 5:15pm The Randox Grand National Steeple Chase (Grade 3) 4m 2½f ITV
- 6.20pm The Weatherbys nhstallions.co.uk Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race (Grade 2) 2m 1f