Sunday, July 21, 2024

Tell us if you think Spanish police should resume the search for Jay Slater

Must read

The family of Jay Slater has vowed to continue their “desperate” search in Tenerife for the missing teenager.

Glen Duncan, the uncle of the 19-year-old from Oswaldtwistle in Lancashire, said the family hasn’t given up hope to find Jay and will not stop until he is found.

He also told Sky News: “We’re going to have to be doing something because otherwise you’re just sitting in the apartment staring at the same four walls.”

Jay’s father Warren and brother Zak are among those who have been scouring days the Rural de Teno Park where the phone of the missing teenager last pinged on the morning he disappeared, on June 17.

In recent days, they were joined also by Shane Yerrell, the mayor of Waltham Abbey in Essex who has previously climbed Kilimanjaro and Mount Olympus. 

If you can’t see the poll above, click here

The search zone interests a massive 30km-wide treacherous area. Heat and altitude are two factors which Mr Yerrell said are making the mission even more difficult.

While Jay’s family and friends are supported by volunteers to continue their search, the Spanish police called off its mission on June 30.  

The previous day, the local police launched one massive push, for which they called in expert volunteers to help. 

While the police search operation for Jay came to an end, the Guardia Civil in Tenerife said the investigation into his disappearance remained open. 

Former British detective Mark Williams-Thomas is also conducting his own investigation to shed light on what happened to Jay. 

Now Express.co.uk is asking its readers whether they think the Spanish police should resume the search. 

Latest article